Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What you don't need (and what you do)

The spirit of sub-24 dictates mutual support and sharing. But if anyone tries to touch my jam, there'll be trouble.


Charles and Lee will bring:


  • A coffee pot, coffee, milk, something for a nightcap
  • A map, swiss army knife, spoon, fork, matches and a lighter, and a first aid kit
  • Bike tools, a pump, spare inner tubes (700c and 26"), puncture repair kit
  • Oh, and a chain and padlock to lock the bikes together - helps me sleep, anyway
Here's what you probably do need:

  • A tent (if you want to see if someone has space in theirs, use the comments section or the Facebook page)
  • Sleeping bag and mat
  • Food to grill
  • Drinks (alcoholic or not, that's up to you)
  • A willingness to share your food, drinks and life story
  • Sub24 tradition encourages you to bring one "luxury item" to share. A bottle of something special, a local delicacy (the stranger, the better), or anything that you'd not usually expect to find on a camping trip.


In honesty, we hope to share some of our food and drink, just as you hope to share some of yours. We will happily compromise on our clothes in order to pack our bikes as efficiently as possible. But we'll still bring enough whiskey for everyone to get a taste.


Having said that, bring a woolly jumper. And a sleeping bag. And a torch in case you need a wee-wee in the middle of the night...

2 comments:

  1. wow you guys are bringing a lot of stuff.
    I bought a first aid kit and that kind of stuff today before I read the blog... oh well, I'll save it for next time.

    I'll bring enough food for myself and a bit of extra, I have a cooking set (tiny portable pot/pan), a few bike tools in my saddle bag... the usual.
    Depending on the weight of my bag once I'm done I might bring my old classical guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, dos anyone have one free space in their tent?

    ReplyDelete