The 2012 Sub-24 Oscars
1. The award for best presentation goes to... Lee!
A man constantly in search of the most stylish yet practical solutions, whether it comes to his bike itself, its accessories, clothing and even his blog posts!
(Sorry Lee, the above pictures are not that convincing, are they? If you have better ones, please add/replace!)
2. The Sisu award goes to... Robin, Hubert, Lee and Florian
Cycling and camping by -10, now that's hard!
3. The hangover award goes to... Xavier!
This one needs only a picture as an explanation...
4. The luxury item award goes to... Charles!
Items included saucisson, foie gras, Polish honey vodka... and Zuzanna!
5. The most-fun-section-of-road-to-ride-on award goes to... Kunnarlantie
6. The most creative conversation topics award goes to... Dima!
Topics included submarines that run on potatoes, Chilean banana choppers, and his mother's ability to give the same word a 100 different meanings through creative use of intonations.
7. The Jeannie Longo award to recognise female cycling goes to... Sonja and Zuzanna!
So far, the only two women to be tough (stupid?) enough to join us!
8. The Billy Ocean award goes to... Florian (aka The Beast)!
Never before has the famous line "When the going gets tough, the tough get going" applied more suitably than to this half-man half-creature.
So that's it for this year folks. I fully expect acceptance speeches during your next appearance at a Sub-24!
Do you think there's a glaring omission in this list? Want to suggest your own award? Please do use the comment section to that effect!